Life and Times of the Arkansas Stucky Seven

Monday, October 5, 2009

God's time is ALWAYS...right on time!!

This whole adoption journey has taught us so much more deeply many incredible truths about God. Things you know in your mind and maybe even in your heart, but not known FOR SURE until we trusted Him enough to let Him show us. He actually is all that His Word says He is! A huge aspect of what He has taught us more about relates to trusting His timing, because it is always PERFECT. A precious friend of ours has periodically reminded me along the way of the fact that God will provide the funds, or whatever is needed, WHEN it is needed. And He knows way better than we do exactly when His provision is needed! So, at many specific points in the process, when we had to have chunks of money for this or that, EVERY time, by the due date, sometimes in what we would consider the "nick of time", He has provided it. And sometimes in the most shocking ways!
He did it again today! I had literally just finished e-mailing a note to the team at church in charge of extending no-interest loans to families who are adopting. I was confirming with them that because of God's miraculous provision, our account at our agency is "paid in full"!!! It is still hard to believe! Amazing to write! And I was also asking if we could now borrow the last little bit we need for travel to S. Korea from the adoption fund. Before they even had a chance to respond, our kids went out to get the mail. They came back in with a beautiful card containing a check for $1,000!!! I am not joking!! This is how it has been around here for a year and a half! He promised if we would trust Him, and His timing, He would take care of it. He has left us speechless and flabbergasted!
And in the in-between times when I would sound somewhat concerned, dare I say... doubtful, my friend would remind me, "You don't need it yet." She was right...God's timing truly is right on time!

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Tears welled up in my eyes as I anticipated "the rest of the story" - and sure enough - God provides! Amazing... Praise HIM!

    Congrats on your approval to travel! Robyn has been keeping me updated!

    Tender blessings,
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just like Him to be the Provider in amazing ways!! Robyn told me today that you are on the plane right this moment. We are so excited for you!! Can't wait to meet sweet little Emma. Love the name and how it all fits! So blessed to have been at your church last week when they prayed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marty and I are excited for your addition to your family. Hope all goes well in Korea!

    ReplyDelete